Chicken Salad with White Bean Recipe
It’s almost dinner time, and you are still not sure what to prepare, what will you do? Don’t stress yourself out; there are lots of salads recipes with chicken that you can choose from that taste good and has lots of health benefits.Chicken breast has several nutrients which can lower the risk of several types of cancer. It has selenium that helps you protect your immune system. The vitamin B content of chicken breasts is a good source of energy, which is helpful for those who want to burn more fat every day. Remember, you can get these benefits only by eating chicken breast without the bone and skin.Salads recipes with chicken with chicken and white beans are a better source of cholesterol-lowering fibre. Because it has a right amount of fibre it keeps blood sugar at a reasonable level by preventing it from increasing too fast after eating, which makes these beans a better choice for the individuals with hypoglycemia or diabetes.This salad recipe with chicken also contains zucchini which helps regulate bowel movement. Because zucchini includes a high amount of fibre, it helps prevent carcinogenic toxins from depositing in the colon. The vitamins C and A and folate content of zucchini in this salad recipe with chicken is an excellent antioxidant which fights oxidative stress which might lead to several various types of cancer. Zucchini also help in reducing the symptoms of benign prostatic hypertrophy which is the enlargement of the prostate gland that might lead to problems with men’s sexual function and urination.
- 1 medium-size clove garlic
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp fresh orange juice, you can add more to taste
- ¼ cup red or white wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ½ cups chicken breast diced and cooked
- 1 15 oz can white beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups zucchini diced
- 1 ½ cups celery diced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped, well-drained (optional)
- ¼ cup ricotta Salata finely diced or feta cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil coarsely chopped for garnish
- 2 cups romaine lettuce or torn escarole
- 2 cups radicchio leaves torn
- Salt & ground pepper to taste (optional)
Preparation for the vinaigrette:
- Peel the garlic and mince it.
- In a bowl mash the garlic with ¼ tsp salt to produce a coarse paste.
- Whisk 5 tbsp oil.
- Add 6 tbsp orange juice, mustard and vinegar, beat until well blended.
- Taste and beat in up to 4 tbsp more juice to smoothen the flavour, add some salt to taste.
- Set aside at room temperature.
Preparation for Salad:
- In a large bowl combine chicken, zucchini, beans, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and celery mix until well blended.
- Add ¾ cup vinaigrette and chopped basil, toss to mix.
- Taste and add some salt or pepper, if desired.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the remaining vinaigrette with romaine or escarole and radicchio.
- Serve the salad, garnished it with fresh basil leaves.
- The number of ingredients in this recipe will serve 4 individuals about 2 cups each.
- Additional Information about the recipe:
- Nutrients you will get per serving:
- Calories 428
- Fat 23 g
- Cholesterol 79 mg
- Carbohydrates 24 g
- Protein 34 g
- Fibre 8 g
- Sodium 667 mg
- Potassium 648 mg