Asian Salads Recipes with Chicken Recipe
It’s dinner time again! You need to think of salads recipes with chicken that is healthy and at the same time, tastes good.Chicken, as everybody knows, is considered as a versatile food. It has essential vitamins and minerals that will help boost your immune system. This salad recipe with chicken is also an excellent source of protein and a healthy alternative for meat. The chicken’s leanest part is the breast which has less fat as compared to choice grade T-bone steak. Salads recipes with chicken have the fat content that is less saturated as compared to beef. Other health benefits found in salads recipes with chicken include the following:
- Has niacin which is commonly known as vitamin B3 that protects you from cancer.
- Has selenium which is needed to improve thyroid hormone metabolism.
- Protects against age-related cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Has vitamin B6 which helps energy metabolism in the body.
And since Asian salads, recipes with chicken has carrots, cabbage, radish and scallions it also has additional health benefits like:
- Cabbage has some particular cholesterol-lowering benefit.
- Carrot supplies beta carotene and antioxidant nutrientRadish is an excellent detoxifier
- Scallions are rich in allyl sulfides which help in lowering high blood pressure and protect the digestive system and stomach from fatal diseases such as cancers.
- !/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. sesame oil
- 1 ½ tsp. chili-garlic sauce
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 8 cups napa cabbage shredded
- 1 ½ cup carrots grated
- 5 sliced radishes
- ½ cup scallions chopped
- 3 ½ cup cooked skinless chicken shredded
- Combine vinegar, chile-garlic sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil in a glass measuring cup. Stir to mix.
- In a small saucepan, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute garlic and ginger with constant stirring until fragrant for 1 to 2 mins.
- Then add the soy sauce mixture to the pan. Simmer.
- Whisk in broth and tahini. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until slightly reduced. Cool.
- Over medium-low heat a small dry skillet.
- Add the sesame seeds and cook with constant stirring until lightly browned for 1 to 2 mins. Allow it to cool down.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine carrots, scallions, cabbage, radishes and the chicken.
- Add the dressing, toss to mix.
- Dash the sesame seeds on top.
Suggested Serving:The number of ingredients in this recipe will serve 6 individuals 2 cups each. Enjoy!